Whew, is it getting real enough out there for you?
The days go by and we know that coming up with inspiring projects to keep your little one active is no small task.
That’s why each day on the Kids Yoga Garden Facebook page I have been sharing a resource that can be used as a part of your homeschool / unschool / or online schooling routine. Some of the shares have been activities we do at our learning center, and others have been more directed towards our parents and caregivers to offer extra support in this time of need. I’ve also tried to highlight teachers and communities that have a wide breadth of online materials available for use so you can use these projects as a starting point for online searches.
To keep things simple, I will collect all the project links here organized by category and update as this project continues. If you’d like to see something in particular, like more art projects or cooking recipes, please let me know so I can keep it tailored to your needs.
- God’s Eye Weaving Craft. Video
- DIY Play Dough with Kru Georgie of Chiang Mai Drama Centre
- Draw Along with Me “Happy Sun” with Deep Space Sparkle
- Magical Thailand Coloring book by Magical Thailand
- Crafting with Shabby Tree Paper Plate Hats
- DIY sidewalk chalk photobooth from Kids Yoga Garden
Yoga and Movement for Children:
- Rub Your Hands Yoga Warm-up Song by Karma Kids and Kids Yoga Garden
- Wiggle Like a Worm Sun Salutation Song by Yogiful
- Full free yoga classes with Cosmic Kids Yoga – Pokemon Episode
- Chair Yoga Video with Calm Classrooms and worksheets
- KidFit water bottle workout video and KidFit Easter with Reenie Brooking
- Sun Salutations for Kids Video by Kids Yoga Garden
- Gratitude Relaxation by Yoga 4 Classrooms
- Papaya Salad Recipe by Kids Yoga Garden
- Banoffee Recipe by Eco Logic Thailand
- Taste the Rainbow cooking class by Sunny Days Organic
- Tiny Green Chef Free Cooking Lesson
- Mystery Science Adventures with Doug. Mini Lesson on Viruses
- COVID activity book: “Why is this virus making me stay home” printable
- Daisy Creek Farms regrow your vegetables video tutorial
- Imagination Tree 5 Things to Do in the Rain activity list
- Bird Snacks by Sprouting Wild Ones
- Earth Day Printablesby Little Bins for Little Hands
Math & Music:
- The Princess and the Pea with Fairy tales with Belle by Cascadia Cosplay
- Free Adult Yoga classes by Yogamour
- Free Live Streaming Yoga Classes with Chiang Mai based Annie Bliss.
- Supporting Children’s Emotional and Mental health with mindful meditation, free 3 part online workshop by Divine Light Yoga.
- Parent and Teacher Resource Center by Dictionary.com
We’d also like to remind you that when all else fails and you are feeling overwhelmed, take a deep breath and create some boundaries that create space for both you and your little. Maybe its a little play and dance break together, maybe its 20 minutes of “independent” time where you can both try something you love, maybe its learning how to fold clothes like Maria Kondo and getting some house work together. The biggest way you can support your child is by spending time with them, it doesn’t need to be completely structured and educational to aid in development. You are already doing enough. ❤
More to come! Take care out there and share your pictures with us, we’d love to see how they look through your eyes.